Looking to improve your smile in a big way? Dental veneers might be just the ticket!
A dental veneer is a thin, custom shell placed over the front surface of a damaged tooth to improve its appearance. Veneers can help you in a bunch of ways…
- Correcting stains and discoloration: Dental veneers can be used to cover up stained or discolored teeth, restoring a bright, white smile.
- Closing the gap: Veneers can be used to close spaces between teeth, giving your smile a more even and uniform appearance.
- Reshaping: Veneers can help reshape worn down or chipped teeth, creating a more symmetrical and attractive smile.
- Straightening: While veneers are not a replacement for orthodontic treatment, they can be used to make minor adjustments in the alignment of teeth, achieving a straighter smile.
Dental veneers are generally durable and long-lasting. With proper care, they can be around for many years, a worthwhile investment.
If you’re considering dental veneers, it’s important to consult with a qualified dental professional (that’s us) to find out whether they are the right choice for you. We can develop a customized treatment plan that achieves your goals.
Before & After Tips
If you’re considering dental veneers, there are several things you can do to prepare for the procedure and ensure a smooth recovery…
- Speak with us: It’s important to discuss your expectations before the procedure. We can help you determine whether veneers are the right choice, and answer any questions you may have.
- Maintain good oral hygiene: This is a biggie — it’s important to keep your teeth and gums healthy before the procedure. Brush and floss regularly and visit our office for a cleaning and check-up — teeth must be healthy in order properly “accept” a veneer.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods: It’s best to steer clear of these before the procedure as they can damage or dislodge temporary veneers.
- Arrange for transport: If you will be receiving sedation or anesthesia during the procedure, have someone to drive you home afterward.
OK, that wasn’t so hard — now for the “afters”…
After the Procedure:
- Stick with the program: We are going to provide you with specific instructions to care for your new veneers. It’s very important you follow these to help ensure proper healing and optimal results.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods: For the first few days after the procedure, it’s best to avoid foods that can damage or dislodge the veneers.
- Practice good oral hygiene: Continue to brush and floss regularly to keep your new veneers and surrounding teeth and gums healthy.
- Follow-up appointments: Let’s ensure that your veneers are fitting and functioning as they should — exams and adjustments can make the difference.
- Pain medication: We prefer that you ride out any discomfort, especially if it is not serious — medications have their own issues as you know. Nevertheless, we may recommend something to help manage any serious discomfort or sensitivity after the procedure.
Check out dental veneers with us!
We want you to enjoy your new smile to the utmost — by following these tips, you can help ensure a smooth and successful dental veneers procedure. Happy smiling!